Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Extent of My Sock Collection

So before we get to the daily pictures I think you need to know what you are dealing with... the scope of the crazy sock collection. This is really why the bucket lunch crew was so floored and issued the challenge.

Christy Wills is still shocked at the two drawer extent to my collection.

So here is the breakdown:
First drawer, yes there are so many they don't all fit in one!

100 daily socks - each of which has a design of some sort this is just the color combo and yes they are organized this way. I MIGHT be a little OCD.
1 toeless (I used to have a ton of toe socks but got rid of them - this is opposite)
5 pedi
31 no show/ankle
6 athletic/ankle
3 gray
6 black - definitely need more of this color
3 pink/purple
1 brown
3 yellow - again very surprising as it is my favorite color
5 red
11 blue - all shades from baby blue to navy blue and all in between
2 turquoise
23 white

The second drawer is just for the holiday socks, and again are organized by holiday
98 total holiday socks
8 Valentine's Day
8 St. Patty's Day
6 Easter
5 4th of July/American (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Veteran's Day, etc.)
24 Halloween
3 Thanksgiving (well 2 are fall leaves, only 1 pair of Turkey socks) everyone forgets this holiday and they certainly don't make socks for it so if you ever see a pair please send them to me and I will pay you back. I need more!
44 Christmas (which includes some that spill over into January for "winter")

So that is a total of almost 200 socks. When Christy Wills and I first started dating - there were well over 300 pairs of socks. I have cut down upon his request, but still have quite a few pair.

Now before I sign off for the night and start uploading the daily pictures I wanted to give you another tidbit into my OCD life, which I also do for Christy Wills. I read an article in Real Simple magazine in their keep it simple, help your life and write in some examples and it immediately turned a light bulb on. Safety pin your socks together! BRILLIANT. I pin every pair of both of our socks together at the toe. They are stored that way in their drawers, the pins come off when we put them on and then when we take them off, before throwing them in the dirty clothes, we pin them back together and wash them that way. Saves a ton of time as we never have to sort socks. Try it and you will never go back.

A final shout out since I described the socks above, to my dear creative director, Fred Melrose. For my 30th birthday - she found this adorable kiddie suitcase and filled it with 30 different pairs of socks and now continues to send me socks for my birthday.

Yours truly,
Brantley/Carlton

No comments:

Post a Comment