Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Trying to join the blogging world...

So I have several friends that blog and I have never thought I would join this world. Mainly because I don't have anything to say or the time to keep up with it. BUT a challenge was brought to me and I have decided to try and take it on.

Socks are my trademark. Unless I am in flip-flops, I always have a pair of crazy socks on. (it drives Uncle Howard crazy, but he loves me and has accepted it - sort of).

The crazier the sock the better. I wear them to work, to play, to work out, basically except sleeping. I dont own a normal pair - even my normal work-out socks have stripes, designs, etc. (they are the most subtle).

The challenge - we have these "get to know your teammate" lunches called bucket lunches at work. It is a mixture of staff with different tenures and when we were at lunch we had to tell an unusual fact about ourselves to the table. Mine was of course, my socks and how it is my trademark. So they were flabbergasted at it and challenged me to start a blog and post a pic everyday of the socks I am wearing. I thought about it for a couple of months and have decided to give it a try now that we are in my favorite sock season - the HOLIDAYS.

So I enlisted the help of my creative director (AKA Fred Melrose and the most creative person I know and one of my dearest friends) to come up with the name for this blog.

The ones I thought of were lame:
The Adventures of the Sock Queen
Hi, My Name is the Sock Lady

She immediately came up with the best one and the one I settled on but her other submissions were:
Sock it to Me
(my name)'s Odd Stockings
The Daily Dressing of My Two Feet

I then wanted to incorporate music, which I love, as well as my favorite color, but still a play on words so I said what about - We all Live in a Yellow Sock-marine.

But of course, because she is awesome, I stuck with her original submission and decided to call it The Secret of My Sock-cess.

I grew up in the 80's and LOVED this movie (The Secret of My Success). I adore Michael J. Fox and actually got to meet/host him recently for my job. Plus since I have always said Socks are my trademark, it made sense to tie the title into what I feel is my sock-cess.

So visit often, (but only if you don't get creeped out by feet).

And I hope that you will join the sock-cess brigade and when you are out and about and see a crazy sock you will think of me.

Yours truly,
Brantley/Carlton

PS I bet it will make you look at people's feet more often when you are out and about the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment