Happy December, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah and Merry Kwanzaa!
Its that time of year and we have finally had cold weather hit. My work finished its last event of the year on Sunday and I took several much needed days off so I am a bit behind on the blogging. So here are the socks from the past week.
Friday, December 2, 2011 - Fun and bright and I believe Jane gave these to me last year around this time, if my memory serves me correctly.

Saturday, December 3, 2011 - Happy birthday to the love of my life, Christy! These have been around for quite some time, but they were just the next set in the drawer.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 - today was a terrible weather day, well yesterday was pretty crappy too, but Christy's birthday trumped the weather. Today, was cold, foggy, rainy, and the start of the temperatures dropping - so excited. It was also the day of our last event and I had to go into work on a Sunday, but wow was it a beautiful event and a great end to the year. I chose these socks because I needed tall socks to stay warm under my suits and fit in my boots. Plus - they are Snoopy's Joe Cool socks so it always makes me happy to represent the Peanuts gang.

Monday, December 5, 2011 - the start of a wonderful and restful couple of days off. I want to first show off my arts and craft project. My good friend created a tree skirt that was very popular on pinterest. So I spent most of the day making the first of four tree skirts. I made it for
my Peanuts gang ornament tree that is in the front room of our house out of two different Peanuts gang material. It was harder and took longer than expected, but I think now that I know the next will go quickly, it did get better the further along I got. Oh yeah, and they don't call it hot glue because it is cool - I lost feeling in my fingertips most of the day. (PS I am making the same one @thiscasita made for our family room tree and then the other two are gifts, I don't have four trees).






That evening we finally got out for the day and went on a fun date night, even though it was freezing. So the socks aren't real fun but were the next in line.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 - running some errands on my day off, so these were the next in line. They are cute with gingerbread men and houses. I think Jane also gave these to me. She is the best assistant and so good to me.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Pearl Harbor Day and my last day off before having to go back to work. More errands were run, so these cute little guys have been around forever and matched my blue jeans and the coldness that is outside today.

Until tomorrow (or next week - next blog) have a great day, weekend, week and holidays.
Thanks for stopping by.
Sincerely,
Brantley/Carlton
No comments:
Post a Comment